help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] model for PIN diode in gnucap

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] model for PIN diode in gnucap
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 21:28:38 -0400

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, vsrk sarma wrote:
> I am just starting to use gnucap for circuit simulation.
> Can diode model generated in gnucap  b e used for PIN diodes?
> I need to find a equivalent an obsolete & unavailable silicon
> pin diode used in protection/attenuation front end of
> amplifier. Target diode manufacturer provides following spice
> model parameters: Is, Rs, N, Cjo, Cp, M, EG, Vj, BV, IBV. (In
> gnucap Cp, BV, IBV are not used).......

sorry .. I missed this ..

If the native diode model doesn't have what you need,
perhaps one of the plugin diode models will.

In particular, take a look at the diode model from NGspice.  It's in the
tarball:
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-02-02-models-ngspice17.tar.gz

The model from spice3f5 is also available, in:
http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-02-02-models-spice3f5.tar.gz

> ......Are these sufficient to
> simulate protection/attenuation behavior with pulsed VHF
> input?

I don't know.  The NGspice model appears to have more in it,
so it would be  more likely to have enhancements like this.

> Do the simulation take care of resistance &
> capacitance variation due to space charge accumulation in i
> layer?

I think so.  They all model nonlinear capacitance.