help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Settling time measurement for underdamped systems

From: Seshadri V
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Settling time measurement for underdamped systems
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:38:51 -0700 (PDT)

HI John,

I agree that I can specify an absolute value after defining my settling
time. But the problem is when you have a ringing output, you will cross the
desired absolute value specified multiple times before settling to the final
output. In that case, I wont know which time to take as the settling time.

And like you said, I am creating a generic measurement and I expect it to
work for multiple cases such as damped response, undamped response.

Let me know if I misunderstood your suggestion :)

Thanks

Seshadri