help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Problems using measure command

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Problems using measure command
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:11:29 -0500

On Saturday 05 December 2009, Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
> I try now and run ok, thanks.

Thank you for helping to improve the documentation!

> There are anyway to obtain a RMS wave output (with a control
>  structure,  specific print sintaxis or anything)?

I don't understand.  Isn't that what the RMS measure does?

> Something that next (for control structure):
>
> .control
> i=0
> while i<=end_tran_time do
>         measure rms_wave = rms(probe="signal(output)" begin=i
>                            +  end=time_step_a)
>         eval rms_vawe >> wave_file
>         i= i+ time_step
>         time_step_a = time_step_a + time_step
> .end_control

ok ....

The "while" command is on the to-do list.  Once it exists, you
will be able to do that.

I am still trying to figure out what you are trying to do ..

building a file  .. "wave_file" ... which will contain a table
of the RMS values of the wave, in time intervals, over time.

The signal is a modulated waveform, and you want to look at the
envelope as a time domain signal?

This calls for the real Verilog-AMS, behavioral modeling.  It's
coming.  With that, you could make a device that would do that.

> I have still hope to not write a octave or python function
>  for made  this. Should be more easy write a rms wave plugin?

You could make a plugin.  Look at the existing "measure"
plugins, particularly measure_rms.cc.

al.