help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] non-recoverable issue

From: romain . gailleton
Subject: [Help-gnucap] non-recoverable issue
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:51:49 +0100

Hey guys,

We are now trying to develop primitives for Gnucap to integrate our components.

In parallel we still simulate with external components declaration and we have to improve gnucap stability.

Currently it appears we can't simulate farthest than 2.1secondes. After 2.1s, "non-recoverable initial guess ..... tried everything, still doesn't work, giving up" is printed.

The parameters used are "method=euler, vntol=1, gmin=1E-6, abstol=0.01, vntol=1, itermin=0, vmax=150, vmin=-150, dtmin=1E-2, outwidth=15000000".

Command line used is "tran 0 0.15 0.15" then "tran" for each new iteration.

If I set the parameter dtmin to 1E-3, there is no problem anymore but the computing times are too long.

Do you have any idea on how to prevent us from having this "non-recoverable" issue ?

Thanks!