help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] simulating with MOSFET

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] simulating with MOSFET
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:24:37 -0800

> There is something wrong with your extractor.  Mosfets in spice
> syntax are supposed to have 4 nodes.

I use gnetlist. Is it not the commonly used one with gEDA?
Are there any other suggestions?

> The substrate is the 4th node.  (drain gate source substrate)
>
> so ..
> m1 ( 4 1 0 0 ) bs170
>
> Parens are a good idea but not required if everything else is
> ok.

Very helpful. I took an opportunity to change it to

M1 4 1 0 0  BS170

in my netlist and it worked fine. The result is a lot different from
LTSPICE but it may be due to the difference in the model. I just used
the BS170 model from the Internet.

Many thanks.