help-gnucomm

Re: (no subject)

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:10:05 -0400

I typically setup the .pc files for compiling without pre-installing in
their own directory and use the environment to override the PKG config
search paths, and install the include files in a local build directory.
  You can then pass the -Ipath in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS, and the -Lpath in
LDFLAGS through the environment in front of running configure. This also
assumes one has configured --with-pkg-config.  To simplify this, I
actually use a set of scripts and config profiles that pre-set configure
to do my own cross-builds.  I could send a copy of that build system and
supporting scripts, if that would be helpful.