help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] dynamic IP and masquerading

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] dynamic IP and masquerading
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:22:29 -0500

On Sunday 16 June 2002 08:54 am, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a dynamic IP (changes excatly every 24h). Is there a way to run
> the gnunetd behing a gateway? Would be nice if one can set a hostname
> instead of a IP in the gnunet.conf.

No problem, just set NO ip in the configuration file - then gnunetd should
figure out your local IP automatically and also see that it is changing. You
may also want to tune down the "time to live" of your HELO messages to about
1h. If you are running behind a NAT box (you are always behind a gateway,
which is just another name for a router), you may want to specifiy the IP of
the NAT box and tell the NAT box to forward incoming UDP/2086 traffic to your
real machine. That should work, but has not been verified (as far as I can
tell).

Christian