help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] missing lib in GNUnet-0.5.4 ?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] missing lib in GNUnet-0.5.4 ?
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 16:02:10 -0500

Configure detects which databases are installed on your system. It did not
find gdbm, so it did not build the gdbm frontend. But gnunet.conf still
defaults to that DB type (if anyone has an autotools-hack that will update
gnunet.conf in accordance to which DBs were found, I'd really appreciate
that). For now, you can either:

* install gdbm including the headers (apt-get install gdbm-dev?) and
   re-run configure; make install
* install bdb/tdb/mysql and change the database type to that DB
   in gnunet.conf (and re-build)
* use "directory" instead of gdbm (in gnunet.conf) [always available, no
   re-build needed]
* wait for Glenn's binary package for Debian and use that (then you don't
   need the headers and you'll also have libextractor which is recommended
   anyway)

If you use any DB other than gdbm you should run "gnunet-convert" which will
give an error message (gdbm DB library not found) but which you can safely
ignore (since there's no "old" data to convert).

Christian