help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] help with database management

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] help with database management
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:43:03 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Benjamin Paul Kay wrote:

> I am using GNUnet 0.6.0a with mysql as the DB. The pertinent lines of
> gnunet.conf look like this:
> DISKQUOTA = 5120
> DATABASETYPE = "mysql"
> DATABASEBUCKETS = 1
> ACTIVEMIGRATION = YES

Hmm. DATABASEBUCKETS is no longer used. Does current 'gnunet-check -a'
think that all is fine or does it complain about something?

> GNUnet has been stable since upgrading to 0.6.0a. But after indexing numerous
> files, including an approx. 700 MB file, gnunet-stats shows:
> # indexed files                       : 1
> # size of indexed files               : 5360454
> # blocks afs storage left     : 4284417
> I can search and download all of my indexed files, but only one of them seems
> to be showing up under gnunet-stats.

Are all the indexed files listed properly in

$GNUNET_HOME/data/afs/database.list

(type it)? You might also want to look at the contents
of the dir where MySQL holds gnunets tables and check that
there's nothing suspicious there (all *.MYD files should
be roughly the same size) and perhaps pull a 'repair table'
on each of them (when gnunetd is not running).

> Ideally, I would like to be able to:
> - see what I have indexed/inserted (names, descriptions, keywords)
> - edit keywords and descriptions for inserted files

Not possible directly at the moment, but might be worth adding to TODO.
Due to the nature of gnunet though, you couldn't flush the old contents
out from the network, so files having both the old and new descriptions
would appear to the users. This could be evaded by namespaces but
although the functionality is already there, people do not seem to be
using it (ok, its partly the devel teams fault - we haven't put up
a public example of it yet).

> And more importantly, can others download files that
> gnunet-stats doesn't see?

Yes, if you can. But to clarify the issue, you can send me one
noncritical URI in private email and I can try dl it and
report the results. Its healthy to do these tests now and then.

Igor