help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] idea!

From: Siim
Subject: [Help-gnunet] idea!
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:23:21 +0200 (EET)

I just finished reading help-gnunet mail archive and got some ideas... but
first i have to tell u that i really like gnunet and i think it has future,
though it's similar to freenet and many others, i still think that gnunet has
the brightest future. i first found out freenet and started using it, it seemed
great project, totally anonymous network. anyway at these days it's rendered
almost useless because of bad architecture, it's overpopulated by massive
downloaders and much of the content is totally unreachable, i don't understand
why they haven't came up with index'ing idea like gnunet.. it isn't such
security risk because of nodes random data sending. anyway, i really liked the
webproxy, though it isn't really usable. i bet many like anonymous web , so i
came up with idea.

freenet's web latency is really low, because of many reasons(busy nodes,
possibly because big file transactions)... so i thought that there should be an
web only freenet/gnunet like.. then everybody could use gnunet for file
transfers and ie gnuweb for web only.... then i though little more and though
that these both could be integrated... you see even in normal tcp internet when
there is mayor traffic on the server, accessing websites takes very long.. we
could blame ISP's for not making traffic policying, but that's not right
because many big files are transferred through http too... so we can leave this
out... but with gnunet it's possible to create an gnuweb that has very low
latency... every node has policy to make web transactions first... i mean web
transactions have very high priority and when you click on the ie mp3 link
gnunet takes over... it bet it would make many peoples dream come true.

i know it's hard to implement, if it's possible at all(i don't know how gnunet
works that well), though my knowledge about computers and network says that it
would be possible... i would gladly help to create it if i had proper knowledge
about c++(which i will have some day)... but anyway i hope you consider this
idea of mine... and i hope that i posted to right place too.. or should it go
to mantis? if it should then could someone tell me...

why i didn't post this to some freenet forum but here? because i belive more in
gnunet than freenet, at first i chose freenet because of it's fancy homepage,
but it seems that gnunet has more in it though it webpage looked like some
abandoned old projects.. anyway gnunet is surely one fine network project with
some fine and helpful people doing it :)

Sdogi

ITV - Sinu lemmiksaated internetis!
http://www.itv.ee