help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] GNUnet 0.7.0c released

From: David Kuehling
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] GNUnet 0.7.0c released
Date: 28 Mar 2006 00:02:41 +0200

>> From http://gnunet.org/libextractor/documentation.php?xlang=English :

> If the need for 200 MB of memory to compile libextractor seems
> mysterious, the answer lies in these plugins. In order to be able to
> perform a fast dictionary search, a bloomfilter is created that allows
> fast probabilistic matching; gcc finds the resulting datastructure a
> bit hard to swallow.

But I just wondered why the data had to be passed through GCC?  The
binary data could be read from an external file.  Or if they really need
to be linked into the resulting shared library, why not put them in
there _directly_ i.e. with objcopy:

objcopy --input-target=binary --binary-architecture=elf32-i386 \
        bloomfilter.dat library.o

or something...

David