Fw: JVM footprint

From: kotesh
Subject: Fw: JVM footprint
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:23:16 +0530

 How to reduce the initial foot print( memory) of JVM embedded in a
 ObjectiveC component(AlarmServer) through JNI.The objectiveC component is
 showing around 36Mb with 1.1.8 JRE and 57Mb with 1.3 JRE. It looks strange
 to me when the java class prints 3M as the VM size.I have used
 getTotalMemory() method to print the size of VM.

 Are there any settings we can do at JNI  inorder to reduce initial memory
 consumption of JVM ??

 Any help is greatly appreciated..

 Thanks
 kotesh