Re: combining a objc header with a c header

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: combining a objc header with a c header
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:51:01 +0000 (GMT)

Sorry for answering late ... problem being that gnu.gnustep.* newsgroups
are *not* mirrored to the mailing list ... while the mailing list is being
mirrored on the newsgroups ... so we never read your message.

>I am writing a library in c but I would like to implement a objc wrapper
>aswell.
>
>Is it possible to include in the header file c syntax as well as objc
>syntax.
>
>For example
>
>#ifdef COMPILING_C
>
>...lots of code...
>
>#endif
>
>#ifdef COMPILING_OBJC
>
>...lots of code...
>
>#endif

The Objective-C compiler can compile perfectly well C code ... so the C
code can be compiled both in C and in Objective-C ... you don't need to
protect it.

The C compiler can not compile Objective-C code, so you need to protect
the Objective-C code when you compile in C.  You can simply use something
like

#ifdef __OBJC__

#endif

__OBJC__ is defined by the compiler if and only if it is the Objective-C
compiler.