Problem with MinGW/msys build of GNUstep make

From: Paul Butcher
Subject: Problem with MinGW/msys build of GNUstep make
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:29:03 +0100

I'm carefully following the README.MinGW instructions on building GNUstep
with MinGW and MSYS V1.0.7.  I have the following problem running the
configure script of gnustep-make from within msys 'sh':

when trying to write each of the files at end of configure (eg config.make,
openapp, debugapp, opentool....) the following pair of errors occur:

sed: couldn't open file G:TEMPcs422235/subs-1.sed
sed: couldn't open file G:TEMPcs422235/subs-2.sed

it seems my TMP DOS environment variable (set to G:\TEMP) is being used for
tmp directory and the backslashes are taken away by sh - what is the
solution??

Paul Butcher
Alton, Hants, UK