Re: Link to C++ library

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Link to C++ library
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:07:51 -0400

From: Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com>
To: Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: pjb@informatimago.com,  help-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:41:22 -0600

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

 Thanx a lot. It helps.
 But can I directly link Objective-C to C++ throught
 the C interface which the C++ library offers ?

 After apply the CC=g++, the error message becomes

 .../libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to '__objc_msg_forward'
 .../libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to '__objc_msg_thread_add'
.../libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to '__objc_msg_thread_remove'

This seems to indicate that the linker is finding an old version of the Objective-C runtime (e.g. gcc 2.x version) with a gnustep-base library that expected a newer version (e.g. gnustep-objc). Maybe you should remove libobjc.a in the gcc-lib directory.

 I got confused.
 I have a /usr/lib/libobjc.a, come with FreeBSD 4.6.
 And a /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386.../3.0.4/libobjc.a,
 come with GCC 3.0.4.
 If I remove the /usr/lib/libobjc.a, it will complain no objc.
 If I add the gcc-lib into the libraries, it can't links to C++ library.

 Which one should I use ?

 Yen-Ju

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you