Library vs Framework

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Library vs Framework
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:44:47 -0400

Hi,

 Bundles usually come with the header files in order to be
 used/shared by other applications.
 In order to install the header files (protocol),
 I found either library.make or framework.make been used,
 ex. GNUMail use library.make,
 and Preferences use framework.make.
 What's the difference and advantange/disadvantage for them ?
 Both of them will install the header files,
 and both of them will build a libXXX.
 Framework seems to care the version number.
 If I want to install only the header files, not the libXXX,
 can I do that ?
 Only the header files are necessary when bundles are distributed,
 and the libXXX seems useless.

 Thanx.

 Yen-Ju