Installing GNUstep on Mac OS X (Jaguar)

From: Vikram Vyas
Subject: Installing GNUstep on Mac OS X (Jaguar)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:45:20 +0530

Greetings and apologies if this question has already been answered before.
I am trying to install GNUstep on Mac OS X (Jaguar) - Darwin 6.1
When I try to install the base package - on configuring I get the following message:

checking whether objc really works... no
I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and libobjc
can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.
Please refer to your compiler installation instructions for more help.
configure: error: The Objective-C compiler doesn't work or is not installed properly.

I would deeply appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Vikram