Re: Bundle won't install in custom location (libraries, tools do)

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Bundle won't install in custom location (libraries, tools do)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:33:58 +0000 (GMT)

> Dear Nicola,
>
> >> I usually have GNUmakefile.postamble files like the following:
> >>
> >> after-install::
> >>          cd $(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR); \
> >>          $(INSTALL) MyTestAppResources /Library/some/path;
> >
> > I'm not sure what you want to do, but if what you want is to install
> > your
> > bundle into /Library/some/path, what about using BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR ?
> > Something like -
> >

> > include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
> >
> > BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR = $(GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DIR)/Library/some/path
> >
> > BUNDLE_NAME = MyTestAppResources
> > MyTestAppResources_HEADER_FILES = MyTestAppResources.h
> > MyTestAppResources_OBJC_FILES = MyTestAppResources.m
> > ... etc ...
> >
> > include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/bundle.make
>
> Hey, I did not know this directive was available. However, it does not
> seem to work for me.

Thanks.  I tried your test makefile example, and it works for me.

What version of gnustep-make are you using ?

If it's a version before September 26, 2002, this variable used to be
called TOOL_INSTALLATION_DIR, and had a slightly different semantics since
it included the GNUSTEP_TARGET_LDIR as well.  Anyway, try doing

TOOL_INSTALLATION_DIR = /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin

it might work - but be aware that you might have to change this to use
TOOL_INSTALL_DIR when updating to a newer gnustep-make.

I know the change can be annoying in the short term, but the change from
TOOL_INSTALLATION_DIR to TOOL_INSTALL_DIR has been done to have
consistency across all project types in the names of installation
variables, so that they are called in the same way -

 APP_INSTALL_DIR
 BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR
 FRAMEWORK_INSTALL_DIR
 LIBRARY_INSTALL_DIR
 TOOL_INSTALL_DIR

In the long term, it's going to make everything simpler if the variables
have a consistent naming.