Re: Linking custom library problem

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Linking custom library problem
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:53:45 +0000 (GMT)

You can create this error in a variety of ways; the best way for you to
understand what's happening is using 'ldd'.

'ldd' prints out the libraries a program (or shared library) depends upon.

For example,

cd {wherever exampleTests is}
ldd exampleTests

should show you the libraries that exampleTests depends upon/is linked
against.  Check that they are what you expect (in particular, that you are
linking against the libPSS you want, and not maybe an old one ?).

Then, try doing

cd {wherever libPSS.so is}
ldd libPSS.so

it should print out the libraries that libPSS.so depends upon/is linked
against.  Check that they are what you expect.

I hope that helps you :-) let me know if it doesn't.