Re: SQL and gnustep & Cocoa books

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: SQL and gnustep & Cocoa books
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 00:22:42 +0200

Chris B. Vetter wrote:

Additionally, check GNUstep's CVS.
In gnustep/dev-libs/ is a subdirectory called db/ that offers a
framework/library for some SQL databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle
(7 and 8), Sybase and MySQL.

Well GDL2 is by far not ready for prime time but I believe it should be far more up to date than db. Yet GDL2 currently only has a PostrgresEOAdaptor. But in principal you should checkout:
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/webobjects/WebObjects_4.5/System/Library/Frameworks/EOAccess.framework/ObjC_classic/Classes/EOSQLExpression.html
Let us know for which database you need support.

2. How useful/relevant are books on Cocoa for learning gnustep.
I would say they are generally relevant and for someone new to GNUstep also very useful. Just be prepared for certain details to differ. If you're wondering why some specific behavior is different, then please ask. It may well either be a bug or some good reason why GNUstep behaves different.

Cheers,
Dave