Re: pb building base

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: pb building base
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 21:27:23 -0600

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 09:14 AM, Fred Klein wrote:
but I am now stuck in making GnuStep Base.
Look at the last line of the first log extract below: make is trying
to invoke mkinstalldirs by providing an absolue path:
C:msys1.0GNUstepSystem/Makefiles/mkinstalldirs
As you can see, slashes are missing in the first half of it.
When looking at the debug log extract, you can see that make is
calling CreateProcess with an argument containing mixed slashes
(forward and back slashes).
I could not figure out from the make files or rules if a variable was
not set correctly.
What I am thinking, is that some part of my system (msys, mingw, make)
was not built correctly (or has a bug?) and is generating such
CreateProcess mixed-slashes commands erroneously.
FYI: msys/mingw, make and gcc are binaries I downloaded.

Yes, possibly gnustep-make. Did you read the gnustep-make/Documentation/README.MinGW?

Alternatively, you can get the Windows installer

ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/windows