NSFileHandleOperationException

From: Fred Klein
Subject: NSFileHandleOperationException
Date: 17 Jun 2003 14:54:48 -0700

Hi

I am trying to use objc-unit.
The test runner breaks when trying to use the NSFileHandle to stdout.
So I gave a try in using NSFileHandle, as follows:

int main()
{
    NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
    NSFileHandle *fileHandle = [NSFileHandle
fileHandleWithStandardOutput];
    NSString *string = @"TEST data";
    [fileHandle writeData:[string
dataUsingEncoding:NSNonLossyASCIIStringEncoding]];
    [pool release];
    return 0;
}

$ make
gcc -c -Wno-import -fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString
-I/C/GNUstep/System/Headers -I/c/gnustep/system/headers/ix86/mingw32
-I/c/gnustep/system/headers/gnustep -I/c/gnustep/system/headers/objc
-I/C/GNUstep/Development/ObjcUnit-1.2/ObjcUnit main.m

gcc Hammer.o HammerTest.o main.o
-L/C/GNUstep/Development/ObjcUnit-1.2/ObjcUnit/ObjcUnit -lobjc-unit
-lgnustep-base -lobjc

$ a.exe
: Uncaught exception NSFileHandleOperationException, reason: unable to
write to descriptor - An operation was attempted on something that is
not a socket.

Any idea, why it is complaining?
Thanks in advance
cheers, Fred