Re: debian, gnustep-gui and doc

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: debian, gnustep-gui and doc
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 13:14:26 +0100 (BST)

> > It seems you are right.
> > Is it possible to set a variable (or something else) to avoid building
> > and/or installing Documentation (in gnustep-gui) ?
>
> Well this seems to be causing a lot of trouble (beside this). Maybe we
> should just not build Documentation in the normal build, but provide
> instructions for doing it in the INSTALL file?

I think documentation should not be built by default, but (of course) full
instructions should be included on how to build it.

I suppose something like 'make doc=yes' to build/install it sounds nice.

Btw - because documentation is platform-independent, I suppose whenever we
make a release we could generate it, and provide on the web site a
ready-to-use .tar.gz with all the documentation.  For users it is probably
much easier and nicer to download the ready-to-use tarball anyway.