Re: No font when launching a test app

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: No font when launching a test app
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:12:34 +0200

Nicolas Girard wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:28:38 +0200, Fred Kiefer wrote :
Nicolas Girard wrote:
3) In either of the above situations, when i launch ProjectCenter i get an
icon in the bottom-left and a menu in the top-left corner of the screen.
Unfortunately, when either the menu of the icon looses focus, the menu
disappear, which makes it very boring to reach !!
-> Is it the expected behaviour ?

Which window manager are you using? I am looking into problems here at the moment, but there seems to be a huge variaty of behaviours in that area.

This happens with either KDE (kwm, AFAIK), GNOME (sawfish, AFAIK) or
WindowMaker

My platform: Mandrake 9.1 / i686 / gcc 3.2.2

Could you please reverify this behaviour with KDE? I am using KDE 3.1 myself and get a different behaviour from it. As long as there are other main windows of the application all the menus vanish, as you did describe, when the application looses focus (clicking on a main window or the icon brings them back). I think that this is an intended behaviour. When there are no main windows the menu stays visible even if the applciations looses focus. Not sure if this has to be that way, but I like it that way.

If this is about what you get, it is fine. Otherwise we have a problem (as we do with many window manager)

Fred