Re: Connection with GDL2

From: Frédéric PRACA
Subject: Re: Connection with GDL2
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 14:24:58 +0200

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:20:21 -0700 (PDT)
Matt Rice <ratmice@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What you have described sounds correct.
>
> though the describeModelWithTableNames in gdl2
> currently doesn't do anything.  I've been working on
> this... and it's at a point where it works, but needs
> to be cleaned up.
>
> have you tried to NSLog the output of
> describeTableNames? if that works then the problem
> isn't in your code. (describeTableNames also seems to
> be what you're looking for.)
Yes, I resolved my problems and now I'm sure my model file is correct as I can
read the names of the tables with NSLog and describeTableNames.

> the channel should error when you call openChannel if
> it can't connect to the database.
Okay

> if describeModelWithTableNames is indeed what you want
> and you would like to test. let me know
As I'm only testing GDL2 for the moment, it's not urgent but I can test it if
you want, my program is already done for that.

> matt
Fred