Re: cannot find interface declaration for `NXConstantString'

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: cannot find interface declaration for `NXConstantString'
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:42:19 -0600

On Tuesday, April 13, 2004, at 01:32 PM, Carlo Salinari wrote:

Well, tested some in "gnustep-base-1.9.1/Testing" from the latest tarball.
My best bet was this:

gcc -lobjc -I/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers string.m

but evidently I'm missing something about what headers/libs objc looks for.

That's definitely not the way you should compile GNUstep programs. That line doesn't work for me either. It would be a whole lot easier to use the makefile package. In base/Testing, just type

make string

or

make messages=yes string

if you curiously interested in the exact commands that are being used. If you want to create your own Makefile, Try:

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
TOOL_NAME=string
string_OBJC_FILES = string.m
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make