Re: Menu placement

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Menu placement
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 04:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

Torsten,

This should be made into a FAQ, because it seems to come up periodically...

The basic problem is that the idea of sloppy focus is incompatible with the
OpenStep paradigm.  The menu of an application is only visible while that
application is "in-focus" i.e. while one of it's windows is key window or main
window. :)

That's why there is no such thing as sloppy focus on Mac OS X (maybe for
certain apps windows, but not universally) or OPENSTEP4.2/Mach. :)

GJC