Re: make install problems

From: Ovi Pășcui
Subject: Re: make install problems
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:52:20 +0200

On 2004-09-09 08:00:53 +0200 Jeff Teunissen <deek@d2dc.net> wrote:

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Sep 8, 2004, at 5:56 AM, oldkerosen@worldonline.de wrote:

Hi there,
I started today to update my GNUstep libraries on my SuSE 9.0 box and
I noticed that after installing the new gnustep-make  and -base
packages (1.10) when I do make install there are some errors regarding
the tar command. The error reads something like this:
"gnutar: The --exclude-from option is not yet implemented.
Usage:  gnutar cmd [options] file1 ... filen

That's really strange. the --exclude-from option has been in gnutar
since at least version 1.12 (1997) and perhaps as far back as 1.10
(1991).  Do you know which version you have (gnutar --version)?

Also could you tell me the exact commands you use and the packages you
get the errors in. I'm confused about where the errors are occurring.

His "gnutar" is not actually GNU tar. It is "star", a program created by the
guy who writes cdrtools.

Hi
I checked the gnutar/star packages and I found that I had installed tar (GNU) 1.13.25 and star-1.5axxx, the last one being the problem. Now "make install" works again.
Thanks,
Ovi