Re: gnustep apps freez

From: Jens F. Prinz-Sander
Subject: Re: gnustep apps freez
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:54:00 +0200

Hi Adam !

Adam Fedor wrote:

Actually I was able to recreate this. The problem is there is an incompatibility between gnustep-gui <= 0.9.0 and gnustep-base > 1.8.0. I'd recommend upgrading to at least gnustep-gui 0.9.1, but really you should go all the way to 0.9.3

Ok, thanks. I will try this later ( although I think I've already tested with gnustep-gui-0.9.3 ). We will see. But if you think that rhere is an incompatibility betweeen gnustep-gui-<= 0.9.0 and the gnustep-base > 1.8.0 someone should update the download page of gnustep.org. In the section GNUstep Core gnustep-base-1.10.0 and gnustep-gui-0.9.0 are marked stable. If they don't work together, this part should be changed. And, by the way, for the gui and backend packages the unstable versions are marked as 0.9.2, but the link
goes to 0.9.3.

Ok, thank you for your fast and good support. I really want to have deeper look into GNUstep. And maybe I will develop some application for it. I will let you know, if your solution
works for me.

YenZi