Re: How do I even get this to work?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: How do I even get this to work?
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 21:26:05 -0600

On Oct 9, 2004, at 2:44 AM, Steve Ferris wrote:

I've been trying to get different sorts of Unix things going on my PC for the past few months with little success. I don't know how they can call Linux a real alternative to Windows, because while it seems like everything bad about windows is good about Linux, the opposite is also true. I don't want to go on a rant about it, but anyway, I've come to the conclusion that I hate KDE and Gnome, and I love Mac OS X, so I think I will like GNUStep. I want to install it on my x86 based PC, on top of Suse Linux 9.0 Pro, but I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to do it. I can't seem to find any easy to follow instructions anywhere, so if someone could help me out I would really really appreciate it. Thank you.

I don't know of any pre-made packages for Suse. I'd try from the 'Getting Started' link

http://www.gnustep.org/experience/documentation.html#user

look at either the build guide or the GNUstep installation (GNUstep-howto) documents.