Re: Including Frameworks

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Including Frameworks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:00:55 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi,
>
>  I have a GNUmakefile for an app that uses a framework. The app
> instantiates a class from the framework in its MainMenu.gorm file. I
> make install the app and framework, but whenever I try to launch it, I
> get:
>
> # openapp GSSystemPreferences.app
> Exception occurred while loading model: unable to find class
> 'GSSysPrefsAppDelegate', it is not linked into the application.
> Failed to load Nib
> Cannot load main model file 'MainMenu'
>
> GSSysPrefsAppDelegate is supposed to be in my PreferencePanes.framework,
> which I *think* I'm pulling into my app in the makefile:
>
>    FRAMEWORKS= PreferencePanes

Not really ... that variable doens't exist -- where did you find it ? ;-)

You need to put in your GNUmakefile

ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS += -lPreferencePanes

before including application.make.

This assuming that you are using the gnu-gnu-gnu library combo ... if
you're using something different or more complex, let me know, as there
can be complications / other options actually.

> Is there anything else I need to do? I also tried Prefixing FRAMEWORKS
> with my app's name and an underscore as the other variables.
>
> Thanks for any clues, the tutorials don't seem to cover including a
> framework, they only talk about libraries.

Yes, -- good point.

Thanks