unable to contact <anything>

From: jbore-SPAMBEGONE
Subject: unable to contact <anything>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:08:45 -0500

I just installed GNUstep on my machine, but whenever an application
tries to start another application, it simply waits and then pops up
the "Unable to contact ..." alert window.

for example, in the workspace, it cant contact "Operation", when I try
to delete files, or it I try to show the Recycler window, same thing.
Likewise in project center, it cant start interface builder.

gdomap and it's friends all seem to be running, tracing the process I
see that workspace is contacting gdomap, and it's responding, but
thats about where I lose it, I'm not sure who is supposed to start
the application and how.  it sure seems like who ever is responsible
for starting the app cant find it... but I'm just speculating

anyone have any ideas what I should look for or check?

thanks in advance...

jb

--
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos."