Re: 16 bits RGB TIF support ?

From: christophe . jalady
Subject: Re: 16 bits RGB TIF support ?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:08:44 +0100

Selon Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com>:

> On Mar 7, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Christophe JALADY wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I try to load this picture
> > http://christophe.jalady.free.fr/V1.2-sat281203.tif
> > there's no complain, but when I try to display it, I've this log
> > message: "Bizzare number of bits per sample 16" ; and nothing appear!
> > (This picture is a 16 bits per plane, RGB TIF picture.)
> >
> > How to display this picture under GNUStep ?
> >

> The error message is from the xlib backend, which appears not to handle
> 16 bit images.  The art backend might support it though. We'll have to
> look at fixing it for the xlib backend at least.

Thank's for answer, but it seem's doesn't working ! Now I have the art
backend but the display of the picture (to rememmber it's this one:
http://christophe.jalady.free.fr/V1.2-sat281203.tif)

look's like that:
http://christophe.jalady.free.fr/gnustep-art-16bitsTIF.png
It's seem's that the art backend is buggy too !

Did someone can read the .tiff picture under GNUStep ?

I use the last sources release version (under linux debian sarge).
Have you an idea how can I resolve this pb?

Christophe.