Re: Objective-C programming

From: Mehul N. Sanghvi
Subject: Re: Objective-C programming
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:56:07 -0400

Gregory John Casamento said the following on 9/30/2005 9:08 AM:
I heard of at least one person getting it to run under NetBSD on an old (read
680x0) Mac w/ 16 MB of RAM.

GJC

NetBSD/sparc64 though is another matter.  One of the dependent libraries
does not compile and therefore, neither does GNUstep.  This is for
gnustep-base, in the ffcall library.

Also, on NetBSD, there is something called gnustep-objc which according
to the description, is the GCC/GNUstep Objective-C runtime. Is this something that I should have ? Apparently all the functions have
their names changed to the GNU naming convention.  Should I use this
or the NeXT runtime ?   Do I even have that choice ?

cheers,

     mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi