Re: GNUstep behaving odd (colour) in XDMCP session

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep behaving odd (colour) in XDMCP session
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:47:41 +0200

taewon (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> Hmmm.... Sorry I don't quite know which backend... I'm using deb pkg
> gnustep-back 0.9.5-1, libgnustep-base 1.10.3-1, libgnustep-gui 0.9.5-1.
> How can I change the backend?

Ah, you are using pre-build packages, but rather old ones. So perhaps
your problem may go away when you switch to newer ones. But I don't
promise anything, as XDMCP on a Mac is not an enviroment I know that
anybody has used before with GNUstep. Although it sounds like a great
idea to compare the display of applications compiled for both systems.
Maybe I should try this myself.

I think the backend should already be art, as this has been used for
packages for some time now. With a pre-build package I expect that you
are not able to switch the backend, as only one backend will be shipped
with it. But I am no expoert here. Best forget my suggestion or rebuild
the x-backend by downloading the source files.

Sorry for being of no help for this problem
Fred