GDL2 totally foobar

From: Jürgen Lorenz Simon
Subject: GDL2 totally foobar
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:30:02 +0100

Hello,

I'm here to vent some extreme frustration with the state of the GDL2 library. When I started to work on the project involving GDL2, I've been asking around whether the library was in a usable state. This was confirmed to me and since it uses the same data model files as
the WebObjects part of the project, I was happy to give it a try.

Soon I found myself up in the elbows of heaps of code that didn't work. After hours and hours
wasted on bugs other people produced, I got a working copy together.

Just recently I updated the GNUstep stuff. And guess what: the whole GDL2 based stuff broke down again. Now things like the most essential key-value-coding are FUCKED. This means I set a NON NIL value to some EOGenericRecord and it barfs up about getting a nil value. I get weirdest, uninformative and pointless exceptions from NSFaultHandler
and heaps of other problems.

Do you TEST the stuff at al prior to releasing it? I don't get the impression you're taking this serious enough for me to use, I have a PROJECT based on this code and I'm very
aggravated with it.

This experience has turned me against GNUstep and the use of open source libraries in general and caused great harm to my esteem of your work. Sorry, strictly amateur grade
stuff.

DO NOT USE.

J.L.Simon