Re: Using gnustep as a library?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Using gnustep as a library?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:25:45 -0600

On 2006-05-24 18:44:10 -0600 Daniel J Farrell <daniel.farrell@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

Hello everybody,

I would like to use gnustep objects such as NSString and NSArray in my programming. However, I'm just number crunching for science purposes; I'm not making GUI apps so I don't need to work inside the gnustep environment. All I need is to simply #import <NSArray.h> etc in my code.

To do this should I just follow the instruction to install the 'Base Version' package on my linux distribution and then link to the library when compiling?

Does the linux distribution matter? I was going to do this with Ubuntu?

Yes, that's right. All you need is the base library. You can look at the tutorials for writing Makefiles (for a tool):

http://www.gnustep.org/developers/documentation.html#minitutorials