Configuring WindowMaker with GWorkspace

From: goetz . markgraf
Subject: Configuring WindowMaker with GWorkspace
Date: 13 Jul 2006 04:05:33 -0700

Hi,

I am using WindowMaker on Linux. Since the NeXT-LAF is absolutely cool,
I tried GWorkspace to complete the desktop. GWorkspace comes with an
own dock that looks very cool. Here are my questions:

- How do the dock/clip of wmaker work together with GWorkspace dock?
- Is there any way to integrate running applications into the
GWorkspace-dock that way the wmaker-dock works (dnd or any other
GUI-way)? My goal is to disable wmaker dock/clip totally.
- Is there any possibility to show running applications on the
GWorkspace-dock like the mac does (showing all running app-icons, no
matter if they exists an icon before starting)?
- How do I prevent wmaker from showing appicons once they are on the
GWorkspace-dock?

Last but not least I have two questions concerning wmaker alone:

- Is there a way to group different appicons together? Example:
OpenOffice. The Icon on the dock returns to its "not started" status,
once the writer or any other OOo-application is up. The writer and the
OOo-Starter are different applications with different app-icons.
- Is there a way to display appicons for applications that don't show
an appicon themselves (e.g. xman)

Thanx in advance,
Goetz