Re: Building gnustep on Mac OS X

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: Building gnustep on Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 05:09:56 +0100

On 29 Sep 2007, at 22:28, Daniel Mark wrote:

Hi All!

I am trying to build gnustep on Darwin x86, and get the following error:

checking if ffcall trampolines work... no
none

You have ffcall, but it does not work properly. Most likely because
your're system's security policy is blocking some parts of ffcall
we recommend installing libffi instead.
GNUstep requires ffcall or libffi and proper libobjc hooks to do
invocations and DO.
(This does not apply on apple-apple-apple systems where DO is
not compatible with other GNUstep systems.)

Since I run an apple-apple-apple system, I am clueless what to do?
Anyone got a hint?

If you intend to use apple-apple-apple (as in, use gnustep-make and/ or gnustep-base extensions with Cocoa) then configure using the -- with-library-combo=apple-apple-apple option. If you intend to use gnu-gnu-gnu (as in, use gnustep-gui on X11 and gnustep-base completely, without linking to Cocoa) then you need to supply your own GCC, and libffi usually gets built as part of the GCC distribution.

Cheers,
Graham.