Re: Setting up a development environment

From: Mehul N. Sanghvi
Subject: Re: Setting up a development environment
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:39:22 -0400

Tim Käck said the following on 03/18/2008 12:05 PM:
Hi all,

I apologize if this is off topic for help-gnustep.
I have been trying to figure out a decent development environment for doing development in GNUstep. Unfortunately is ProjectCenter not mature enough and I would like to contribute to that some day, but now I wonder if there is a good setup for Emacs? I come from a VisualWorks/Smalltalk background and I guess I am quite used to being able to see object hierarchies etc. I have played around a little with oo-browser but I guess I miss something fundamental to be able to be able to browse the Base and Gui classes.

What tools of the trade does people on this list use? Note, XCode of course - but I do not have the ability do develop on a Mac currently.

Best regards,
Tim

I've just started as well. For now, I'm just using Emacs, no OO-Browser. But that is just for now.

I've used VisualWorks, and can understand why you would expect that from OO-Browser. I certainly would too. Or if Eclipse had support for Objective-C, it would be nice too. :)

cheers,

    mehul