GNUstep Startup 0.18.4 libffi/libffcall building issue on FC8

From: Tavs
Subject: GNUstep Startup 0.18.4 libffi/libffcall building issue on FC8
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 12:27:37 -0700 (PDT)

I've installed libffi 3.01 to build the package in the subject, but
'InstallGNUStep' prints this:

[InstallGNUStep output]

W109 Warning
For security reasons, your make program will not pass LD_LIBRARY_PATH
along. This might not cause any problems, but if you do encounter any
errors installing GNUstep, you may need to start again and use
'sudo ./InstallGNUstep' or 'su root; ./InstallGNUstep'.
When installing other applications, you also may need to install
as root, or use 'sudo make LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH install'.
E273 Error
You have the ffcall library but it does not work properly. Probably
because you systems's security prohibits parts of ffcall from working.
We recommend you install libffi instead. See the README for more help.

                                                                 -----
------
the configure script output regarding FFI libs is

[./configure FFI-related output]
checking ffi.h usability... yes
checking ffi.h presence... yes
checking for ffi.h... yes
checking callback.h usability... yes
checking callback.h presence... yes
checking for callback.h... yes
checking "for forwarding callback in runtime"... yes
checking "FFI library usage"... ffcall
checking if ffcall trampolines work... no
none
So, what shoud I do?

PS: I symbolically linked the libffi headers (ffi.h and such) from
/usr/lib/libffi-3.0.1/include/ to /usr/include/ to let the configure script
to find them