Re: printf: doens't print on WinXP installation

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: printf: doens't print on WinXP installation
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:22:57 +0200

Alex Bilyk schrieb:
> Just installed GNUstep on Win XP. Doing the simplest of things with a main
> function that has printf("hello, world"); in it. Everything compiles and
> runs, except there is no output to the console. I can step through code in
> dgb and it goes over this line fine. A bit of a puzzle. Tried to use
> NSLog(@"..."); version - same result.  App is built and run successfully,
> but with no printout to the console. Any ideas? BTW, stepping in gdb over
> the NSLog version has some issues that the printf version doesn't have, but
> that's a separate topic. I'm really after the printout at the moment, as you
> might imagine:)

Hi Alex,

I cannot help you with printf which is a library function, but for NSLog
I am able to tell you that most likely you will find its output in the
event viewer of windows. You may change this by setting the user default
GSLogSyslog. Running with gdb should also result in the output going to
the terminal.

Which terminal are you using?

Fred