Re: Compilation Failure

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Compilation Failure
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:13:38 +0000

On 12 Mar 2010, at 13:45, Chinu Subudhi wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I have recently downloaded and installed the entire GNUstep package for the
> Windows operating system. I am actually very new to the Objective-C language
> and I am facing difficulties compiling even the most basic of the Objective-C
> codes. The codes are fine but, the gcc compiler always gives a message
> stating "Foundation/Foundation.h: No such file or directory". I have checked
> for the header files and I have found them; they are at
> "C:\GNUstep\GNUstep\System\Library". I have also tried to set a number of
> environment variables to help the gcc compiler locate the headers, but, it
> seems that I am not being able to figure out the particular environment
> variable to set and to what value. I have searched several forums for help
> and tried for hours to get the problem solved, but in vain. It would be
> extremely kind of you if you could provide me with some solution.

What are you trying?
Please supply the source code and make file, so we can see what you are
actually doing.

You shouldn't need to set any environment variables for the compiler to find
headers ... the make file should be telling the compiler where to look for the
headers.

I recommend the 'Writing makefiles' minitutorial at
http://www.gnustep.org/developers/documentation.html#minitutorials