Re: problem with libraries

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: problem with libraries
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 14:54:54 +0000

On 6 Nov 2011, at 19:59, Thanasis Petridis wrote:

> Hello. My name is Thanasis.
>
> First of all sorry for my poor english.
>
> Secondly, if this is the wrong mailing list or if there is a solution for my
> problem, just tell me which is the correct mailing list or where is the
> answer.
>
> I have a PC running on Windows 7 and I want to start programming apps for
> iOS. So I figured out that I should start from learning the Objective-C
> language.
> So I searched in the Internet and I found that I can program Objective-C on
> windows 7 through GNUstep. I install in the directory c:\GNUstep the
> following 3 setups
>
> -gnustep-msys-system-0.28.1-setup
> -gnustep-core-0.28.0-setup
> -gnustep-devel-1.3.0-setup
>
> I have created a file hello.m in the folder c:\new
> I started the shell application
> I wrote c:\new
> and then I wrote g++ hello.m

This is where you went wrong ... you can't really build code trying to use a
compiler directly because there are various options, include directories, and
libraries which need to be used.
You should use gnustep-make to automate the build process and fill in all those
options for you.

See http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/index.html for a
good starting point.