help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] Build gnutls on windows

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] Build gnutls on windows
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:51:28 +0200

On Mon, 22. Aug 2005, 09:27:24 -0700, venkat akella wrote:
>  I am trying to build the gnutls-1.2.6 on windows using MingW/Msys
> environment. But getting some compilation errors saying that termios.h
> is not found.

This is because the gnulib getpass module does not compile with
MinGW/MSYS.

I was able to compile and install at least the library and include files
with the Debian mingw32 packages (cross compiling):
$ ./configure --disable-random-device --disable-pseudo-random-device \
        --prefix=$HOME/install/i586-mingw32msvc --without-pic \
        --host=i586-mingw32msvc # this is for cross compilation
$ make
[this fails at the getpass module]
$ cd crypto
$ make
$ cd ../includes
$ make install
$ cd ../lib
$ make install

I did not yet experience any problems with the resulting library, the
programs I linked it with work OK.

The gnutls tools seem to use getpass() and mmap(), both of which are not
available on Win32 AFAIK. Maybe there are other problems.

Regards,
Martin