help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] Previous bug in Debian regarding entropy Gnu-TLS, Exim-4.6

From: Jeremiah Foster
Subject: [Help-gnutls] Previous bug in Debian regarding entropy Gnu-TLS, Exim-4.60, 2.4 kernel
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:15:26 +0200

Hello!

I have been lurking on this list a bit and would like to pose the
following question. Is the TLS entropy bug in debian solved?

To be specific, there was an issue with exim hanging when TLS could not
find enough entropy to create a secure connection. This caused problems,
but mostly with older kernels. I had been stuck on just such a machine
and complained to the exim package maintainers at debian who stated that
they needed help with GNUTLS but they were having trouble finding
someone with the knowledge required.

That bug appears to be active, or maybe it should be called a "known
issue," as that is what the debian people call it. Here is a link to the
description of the issue,

 http://wiki.debian.org/PkgExim4KnownBugsInSarge

My understanding is that GnuTLS does not generate enough entropy to
satisfy exim's requirements. Can this issue be addressed?

Jeremiah