help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] How to check if a certificate is revoked

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: [Help-gnutls] How to check if a certificate is revoked
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:01:03 +0200

Hi all,

how do I check if a certificate is revoked?

I created a test CA, signed a certificate, revoked it, and created a CRL
file with this information.

Then I use gnutls_certificate_set_x509_crl_file() in the client program
to set the CRL file. The function returns 1, as expected.
After calling gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2(), I check if the status
contains GNUTLS_CERT_REVOKED, but this is not the case.

Neither openssl s_client nor gnutls-cli seem to support CRL files, so I
was not able to double check that my test setup is correct.

Martin