help-gnutls

Re: [Help-gnutls] Another one: A TLS packet with unexpected length was r

From: Lennart Koopmann
Subject: Re: [Help-gnutls] Another one: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:15:33 +0200

Am Samstag, den 27.09.2008, 16:16 +0300 schrieb Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos:
> In the capture you sent me I cannot see a full TLS handshake. I can
> see that the server sends a FIN after the server hello message and
> thus terminates the TCP connection, so the behavior you see looks
> normal.

What do you think this FIN comes from? The server blocks at
gnutls_handshake(), the client runs through it. So I think the FIN must
come from the inside of gnutls_handshake().

I just saw that there is a RST at the end of the capture. I forgot to
stop capturing before closing the server and client (what did of course
close the sockets). But I think you already noticed that.

Thanks for all your help.

Did anybody else encounter such an behaviour before?