help-gnutls

[Help-gnutls] GnuTLS 2.6.5 release candidate

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [Help-gnutls] GnuTLS 2.6.5 release candidate
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:13:38 +0100

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden> writes:

> I have backported the fix to 2.6 release as well so it doesn't have to
> be 2.7 only for that.

I have prepared a 2.6.5 release candidate, please test it:

http://daily.josefsson.org/gnutls-2.6/gnutls-2.6-20090226.tar.gz

Right now it only contains this change:

  ** libgnutls: Added %SSL3_RECORD_VERSION priority string that allows to
  specify the client hello message record version. Used to overcome buggy
  TLS servers. Report by Martin von Gagern.

Which really is a new feature rather than a fix, so I'd like to defer
making the release until we have some more critical problems to fix, or
when 6 weeks have passed, whichever comes first.

Please test it as if it were a proper release, and let us know about any
problems.

/Simon