help-gnutls

Re: Fwd: Re: [Help-gnutls] Problem building from git

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Help-gnutls] Problem building from git
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 00:12:01 +0300

Brad Hards wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 July 2009 03:38:18 Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>>  I have solved the warnings except the transport_ptr cast. Most of them
>> a bit different (I don't know how widely used i z for size_t, so I just
>> casted size_t to int for printing).
> Thanks.
> I did some checking - looks like 'z' is in glibc, based on the SuSv3. I think
> that might come from C99 - I don't have a copy to check. Not sure if it is
> supported in C89. Which compilers / C libraries are supported for gnutls?

Actually it is C99 which is what gnutls is supposed to support. It could
have been z as well.

>> The former warning for cast is not
>> easy to solve and not really needed on current platforms. Anyway I see
>> Simon has added gl_fd_to_handle() that could be used with an inline
>> function to perform this cast gracefully... but I don't really know if
>> it is the proper place.
> I also saw that it was identified as an issue some time ago.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00286.html
>
> Do you have any suggestions other than turning off -Werror?

We would need something like:

static inline void* int2ptr(int fd) {
        void* ret;

        memcpy(ret, &fd, sizeof(fd));
        return ret;
}

static inline int ptr2int(void* ptr) {
        int fd;

        memcpy(&fd, ptr, sizeof(fd));
        return fd;
}

However this interferes with the win32 emulation API, thus it might be
better to have some suggestions from simon as well.

regards,
Nikos